Monday, September 20, 2010

Attitude Is Everything...

Each day I wake up and have to make the decision to have a good attitude about being here. Today, that has not been an easy decision. I have been suffering from terrible jet lag, unpacking from our trip back to Canada as well as the move to our new compound, kids to shuttle back and forth to school and entertain, the laundry needs to be done and folded, the dishes need to be washed. Welcome to the real world I guess. I love my life , but sometimes I feel so overwhelmed I just want to run away from it all. To go to a spa for a day, or a cafe for coffee with friends for some girl talk, or sit down with a good book for an hour or two. Those sanctuaries are far away and unavailable here.

As I sit on the couch for five minutes to write this, one of my few indulgences, I am forced to think about that phrase. My attitude is everything, and if I adjust mine a little bit, maybe the day will start to look brighter.

"Do what you can where you are with what you have."
~ Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment