Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's My Pity Party & I'll Cry If I Want To

I have a question to ask - when do I get my break?

A lot of my friends, at home in Canada and here in Saudi, have been taking holidays without their kids. They have been going to Mexico, Florida, Bahrain, Dubai, Spain, London. One actually flew from Toronto to spend 2 weeks in Dubai with a girlfriend. This annoys me to no end. There isn't any way I could take off like that.

Reasons are:

1: The money. No way the hubby would let me spend that amount of $.

2. I don't have the child care. The hubby has only spent a few hours alone with the kids no way he would be able to handle a whole weekend or god forbid longer.

3. If I only go out for a couple of hours and the house looks like a bomb hit it, can you imagine how it would be after a few days or a week away.

He has spent weeks alone while I have taken the kids to visit my family in Ireland or returned to Canada for the summer break. I am really in need of some "ME" time. I need to sit and listen to silence. Sleep until late. Eat a meal while it is hot. Read a book. Relax, relax, relax....

I don't know how these women pull it off? Am I missing something??

If you are one that has done it - hate you!!! Kiddin...

If you are like me and have a child with you 24/7, we should plan a pity party.

No comments:

Post a Comment