Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Big Question...


My husbands contract here in Saudi Arabia is up this year. After 2 years we are to head home in June. This week his boss came to him and said the board unanimously decided that they would like to renew his contract.

Oh No !! What to do...

Saudi is not a place I would stay forever. Some people I know have been here 10-15 years. You don't come to Saudi for the love of the place. It can be a suffocating, difficult place to live. You come for the money. They pay large salaries, give you a home, car, pay private school fees for the kids, plus it is tax free.

If this had happened a year ago I would have instantly said "No Way". Today I am in a different place. I am in a good compound and have a circle of friends. I know my way around. Have joined clubs that host events. The kids enjoy school. We have great holidays in places we would never have gone. Altho, I miss my family and friends. Having my own home and furniture. I miss, driving, not being restricted by prayer times, not having to cover when out.

We have about a month before the decision has to be made.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment