Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Life As A Soap Opera


Since I was a teenager I have loved soaps. In high school I started watching Young and the Restless and As The World Turns. I still watch Y&R and ATWT recently ended. I now have to download all my favourite shows from North America. When I returned from holiday I had a lot of catching up to do (Young & the Restless, 90210, Greys Anatomy, Coronation Street, Dancing with the Stars and The Amazing Race). I have them all downloaded but still need to watch. I will get thru it. The are more daytime and evening drama's I would love to watch. However there just isn't enough free time for this so I had to decide on a select few.

Perhaps this is where I got my view on life. Was I always looking for the handsome prince to come and sweep me off my feet? Take me away to his castle and we would live happily ever after. Our relationship would be full of romance; sex would always be hot and passionate.

But real life is not like this. In daytime soaps I don't see the women being kept up all night with kids. Walking around in old sweats (if you have gotten out of your pj's) doing dishes, laundry and cleaning. At night when the kids are finally asleep and your husband has decided he now needs your attention and you have no energy or desire left. Romance - my hubby was never the "romantic" type.

Life should be more like the soaps - without all the drama, murder, evil twins and such. But alas I think that is just a dream. We are stuck in the real world. So I will just continue to live thru my shows.

2 comments:

  1. Sigh...sadly, it's so true. And I AM the one who rarely gets a chance to get out of my jammies. I think "real life" is why I throw myself in to my kidlets so passionately...I need to find my joy somehow. What's that saying? Disney ruined me for real men? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH & come link up a Wordless Wednesday post if you can! :-))

    ReplyDelete