Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pregnancy x2



My husband and I started trying for a family almost immediately after we married. We were both 35 and knew time was short. It took about 6 months before it finally worked.

My pregnancy was great. I was never sick, felt great and had the "glow". The delivery was something else. One night 2 weeks before my due date I got out of bed to go to the bathroom. After a couple of steps there was a large gush. My water had broken. I sat on the toilet until it finished, had a shower and went back to bed. My husband was unable to sleep now so he went to carve pumpkins, it was the day before Halloween. About 4 hours later the contractions started and we went to the hospital. I was only 1-2cm dilated, if my water had not broken they would have sent me home. Hours passed and finally I was 10cm. I pushed for over an hour with nothing. The baby was not dropping. Finally I was exhausted so they did a C-Section. The doctor delivered the baby "a boy"!

I always say if my second pregnancy had been my first there would not have been another. Right from the get go I felt horrible. I craved nothing but junk food. I slept horrible. Her delivery was uneventful. Due to problems I had with the first one my OB and I decided to have a scheduled C-Section.

My kids could not be more different either. My son was a wonderful baby. Cried very little and easy going. My daughter is totally opposite. She whines, cries, complains always. My son would be happy to sit beside me when we go out. She get frustrated in her stroller or highchair and screams to get out.

Wish someone would have told me downside of being a mom.
No peace in Mommyland !

No comments:

Post a Comment